Monday, April 12, 2010

Try the "Otuk Otuk", you'll love it...

The appearance isn't much to write home about, but the food was amazing.

I learned today that Washington DC does not have many Chinese restaurants and when I saw this Malaysian joint, I thought that it seemed close enough.  As you can see from the signs on the door, a lot of official sounding places have concluded that this one is alright, so I thought, alright.

Satay, delicious.  Curry puff, fantastic.  But the kicker was the Otuk Otuk.  I'm 90% sure that's what it's called.  It's a meaty substance wrapped in a green leaf and I didn't try eating the leaf because that was fairly uninviting.  The food inside was good.  Very, very hard to place, though.  I've narrowed it down to land creature.

Washington DC's Malaysia Kopitiam.  Highly recommended.

Note: If this is the final post on this blog, then you'll know perhaps things didn't pan out so well...

No comments:

Post a Comment