Monday, May 3, 2010

The Fickle Fan


Last March, I wrote a post entitled "Why I'm done with the NHL", which was prompted by Penguins Matt Cooke's ridiculous cheap shot hit to Bruins best player, Marc Savard.  When the NHL front office failed to properly respond, I hung up my skates.  Not really, but you know what I mean.

All seemed lost.  The Bruins were afloat without an anchor and their spirit seemed more than questionable.  And now, just a few months later, the Bruins are making a run for The Cup, Savard has returned, and the Bruins are now up in their best-of-seven series against the Flyers.  In fact, in true storybook fashion, Savard scored the overtime goal to win the first game.

I was at tonight's game and the electricity was back in the Garden.  Back as we've not experienced in thirty plus years.  The Bruins are back.

And so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment